- Job Title
- Finance Manager
- Role Location
- Newton, Massachusetts
- Remote role
- Job Description
The Manager of Financial Analysis is an exciting opportunity to join the multifamily operations team as it continues to develop data driven forecasts and business insights. The Manager will collaborate closely with the Director of Revenue & Analytics on creating and updating all financial reporting and be responsible for their timely delivery to the onsite teams and senior leadership. The role will work collaboratively with Vice President of Revenue & Analytics to pilot and introduce new budgeting and forecasting tools as well as create automation of standardized weekly/monthly reporting. As we grow our portfolio, this position will assist in due diligence and help create reports summarizing the revenue opportunities through optimization of rents, amenities, fees, rentable items, and variable expenses. This role will also actively engage with the asset management, investments, investor relations, development, marketing, information technology, and accounting teams in helping to build processes and procedures to achieve budgetary goals.
The following list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented or changed, as necessary.
- Outline, lead, and improve the cross functional processes used to create a timely and accurate budget & financial forecast for multifamily operations.
- Ensure accuracy of financial reporting through ongoing reconciliation and variance analysis reporting. Drive efficiency by automating and scaling the existing reporting and reconciliation processes.
- Lead monthly NOI calls and variance analysis and provide recommendations on variance mitigation. Provide insights into operating capital variances on a monthly cadence to onsite teams and senior leadership.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process in addition to monthly and quarterly portfolio revenue reporting.
- Conduct the feasibility study of unit upgrades and repositioning.
- Create financial modeling for cash flow, refinance, and dispositions.
- Oversee the debt collection process and execute strategies for lowering bad debt.
- Tracking and managing the rental policy to ensure all residents are having liability - insurance via third party platforms.
- Creating tools for tracking utility management and developing strategies for lowering utility costs by collaborating with asset management and onsite teams.
- Complete ad hoc analysis as requested by Senior Leadership.
- Provide actionable insights into expense management to operation teams.
- Portfolio management for select group of high touch properties.
- Be a trusted business partner for senior leadership, finance executives and business partners, driving understanding and awareness of financial metrics.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields with at least 2 years of relevant finance experience preferably in multifamily or the equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong understanding of real estate multifamily financial metrics and definitions with the ability to explain finance/accounting concepts to non-finance teams required.
- Elevated level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience in relational databases (AZURE), data manipulation (i.e., F9, SQL), and data visualization (PowerBI) required.
- Previous experience in creating/maintaining financial models catering to real estate industry with an expertise in working with YARDI, MRI, Nexus, RealPage products preferred.
- Focus on building scalable analytics & reporting. Comfortable working with technical resources to ensure financial reporting and infrastructure aligns with business logic.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with ability to influence/drive decision making across cross-functional teams.
- Advanced project management and planning skills, including ability to handle several projects at a time in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven who is focused on improving processes, forecasting methodologies, and driving business performance.
- Problem solver who can challenge the status quo and drive new ways of thinking across the organization.
- Competitive Bonus Programs
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO (including birthdays & well-being time)
- Employee Apartment Discounts
- Educational & Vocational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Description
Northland is a real estate private equity firm with $8 billion in assets under management, including more than 26,000 residential units, 2.1 million square feet of commercial space, and a $3 billion development pipeline. Northland’s core competency is the acquisition, development, long-term ownership, and management of multifamily and mixed-use assets. The firm currently owns and manages properties across sixteen states, with concentrations in New England, Atlanta, Florida, Austin, and Los Angeles.
Our collective Northland team is comprised of more than 650 individuals from diverse backgrounds. We have a workforce of over 500 team members managing our day-to-day operations at our multifamily, mixed-use, and commercial properties, supported by our regional and corporate teams. We are proud to have a diverse senior leadership team with 30% of positions held by women and 23% by individuals identifying as persons of color. Additionally, 52% of our managerial roles are held by women and 38% by individuals who identify as persons of color.
Northland was named to the National Multifamily Housing Council’s (NMHC) list of Top 50 Largest Apartment Owners for the past six years and was recently recognized again on Multifamily Leaderships’ list of Best Places to Work Multifamily, and the Top 25 Best Places to Work Multifamily for Women.
Northland's success is driven by our commitment to our employees. Here at Northland, we value our employees' overall well-being and offer competitve benefits, professional development, and promotion opportunities. Northland also offers a variety of mentorship and special leadership programs to help our team members develop their skills during every stage of their career.
- Company Website
- Company HQ
- Boston, Massachusetts