The Barracks Management Group
- Job Title
- Finance & Administration Manager
- Role Location
- College Station, Texas
- Remote role
- Job Description
This person will plan and direct the accounting and administrative operations of the company, taking responsibility of and driving the items listed below.
• Lead & Manage:
o Manages the Accounting Department which is responsible for financial reporting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
• Finance & Accounting:
o Produces periodic financial reports, forecasts and annual budgets.
o Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
• Risk Management:
o Oversees risk management responsibility for IT, data and cybersecurity of company's digital assets. Creates well-defined plan for proper insurance and risk mitigation practices.
o Works closely with tax and legal professionals to ensure the business is tax efficient and protected. Files required quarterly and annual reports.
• HR & Payroll:
o Responsible for Human Resources and Payroll functions including hiring, administering pay, benefits and leave, and company policies and practices.
• Internal Systems & Controls:
o Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
o Evaluates most cost-efficient and cost-effective outsourced expertise options. Provides accountability for service providers to execute according to agreements.
- Company Description
We are a full-service property management company serving the largest student housing development in the country.
The Barracks Management Group exists to create joy in life’s milestone moments. We do this by stewarding the relationships and real estate that are entrusted to us. Below are five core values that make someone a “great fit” to our culture:
• Optimistic Grit: Building something great is not easy. We want to be a buffalo and face our storms head on. Don’t give up, be persistent and have radical optimism in yourself.
• Crush It: Improving 1% every day is a powerful thing. We want to fail fast, learn, grow and repeat. We always want to be pursuing what is next.
• Own It: There are no excuses. We believe high performers crave accountability. We take ownership of our responsibilities and do not assign blame to anywhere else but to ourselves when our work is done or not done.
• Good Vibes: No ego, amigo. We are on this ride together – celebrating success and embracing failure. We know challenging situations are certain to come but strive to count it all joy in everything we do.
• Serve Relentlessly: It’s not you vs. them, it’s us vs. a problem. We want to meet others where they are and problem solve together. We believe in going above and beyond for our team and our customers. There is no traffic on the extra mile.
- Company Website
- Company HQ
- College Station, TX