- Job Title
- VP, Marketing Ops
- Role Location
- Santa Barbara, California
- Remote role
- Job Description
The mission of the VP, Marketing Operations is to set the strategic vision for Marketing Operations, ensuring AppFolio’s foundational marketing structures; technology, data, budget, planning, automation, and analytics are best in class and exceptionally executed to ensure marketing can meet or exceed goals in all segments and verticals. With 85% of the buying journey now happening in digital the VP of Marketing Operations creates efficiency and effectiveness for the entire go-to-market engine by leveraging technology, data, processes, metrics to run the marketing function as a revenue growth driver, profit center and fully accountable business.
Database: Set a comprehensive database vision that supports customer acquisition and growth goals for all business units
Technology: Set a strategy for Marketing technology, systems and data across all business units to support current needs as well as company growth/scale over the next 3 years ensuring operational efficiencies are leveraged across the company with the goal of being "best-in-class at scale."
Measurement & Analytics: Lead an analytics function that has a rigorous performance measurement and reporting cadence as well as predictive & data science capabilities that lead to Marketing over achieving goals in all areas.
Project Management: Streamline the 2024 Marketing Planning Process to enhance current workflows and ensure that we hit all controllable target dates by EOY 2023
Procurement & Budget Management: Partner with Procurement leadership to ensure the Procurement and contract process is efficient and supports hitting Marketing goals.
Planning: Set strategy for the key Marketing operational areas that support hitting sales, growth and adoption goals for each segment/product including data acquisition & hygiene, marketing program execution, lead flow management, audience segmentation & account selection, marketing reporting, and diagnostics. Represent the Marketing organization in company strategic planning processes and drive deadlines and deliverables across the marketing leadership team.
BDR Operations: In partnership with BDR leadership and Finance ensure BDR goals, quotas and Commissions are done in alignment with planning timelines.
- Set the operating, planning, OKRs, and reporting rhythm for Marketing. Role-model consistency and accountability for the entire organization.
- Deliver programs that strengthen our hybrid workplace and enable employees to build relationships regardless of location, resulting in an improvement to overall employee engagement of >9.0.
- Commitment to consistently applying people practices results in regrettable attrition of <10%.
- Support DEI initiatives by ensuring representation of underrepresented groups at - Career Review stage for all Dir+ reqs increased by 20%.
- Drive internal communications and adoption of new programs and processes that impact marketing and cross-functional teams.
Leadership & Cross Functional Alignment: Build cross functional collaboration with other leaders that enable operational efficiency and alignment, meeting regularly with key business partners including Finance, Business Operations, Business Systems and Sales Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related experience
- 10+ years of marketing experience, ideally in an operations role
- 5+ years people management, including the ability to build a new team and work with diverse skill sets (from technical to strategic resources)
- Experience with marketing technology and tools including Marketo, Salesforce, Bizible, Demandbase etc.
- Strong analytical and business acumen
- Understanding of sales and product life cycles and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with project management and process improvement
- Understanding of marketing technologies and data analysis tools
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team
Compensation & Benefits: The base salary that we reasonably expect to pay for this role is: $250,000-$290,000
The actual base salary for this role will be determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to: the candidate’s skills, education, experience, etc.
Please note that base pay is one important aspect of a compelling Total Rewards package. The base pay range indicated here does not include any additional benefits or bonuses/commissions that you may be eligible for based on your role and/or employment type.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for benefits including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Interns / full-time temporary / eligible variable hour employees are eligible for benefits including but not limited to: Medical, 401(k), Wellness benefits
- Company Description
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
- Company Website
- Company HQ
- Santa Barbara, California